Part 1/8 of my response to Anon asking about my daily diet.
First Course: Un-glamourous Super Food Shake
- 50g unflavoured protein powder
- 15g creatine
- 10g glutamine
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts (protein, omegas)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (protein)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (antioxidants)
- 1/2 banana (carbs, omit if you’re not trying to gain weight)
- 1 cup Acai juice (antioxidants)
- 1 shot flax seed oil (omegas)
- 1 scoop of psyllium husks (fiber)
- Some local honey and bee pollen (for my allergies)
~70g protein, ~1100 calories
Blend ingredients and consume quickly before psyllium husks make it un-drinkable. An idea I stole from my bodybuilding ex Mr January, this awesome breakfast shake crams all the super foods and nutrients I need in the first meal of the day. The fiber is especially helpful in keeping me bottom-ready.